- Key Lesson Of Ebola – Like Malaria & HIV Before It: Evidence From Financing Shortfalls Demonstrates That Despite Numerous Declarations (& Relative Progress) – African Governments Including Finance Ministers Are Not Yet Fully Convinced That Health Investment Is The Key To Sustainable Development.
- Domestic Resource Mobilisation Is Key To Meeting Post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals; & Africa 2063 Agenda (Improved Tax Base; & Innovative/Dedicated Financing Such As Airline; Tourism; Or TeleComs Tax Are Crucial; As Well As Ending Illicit Financial Outflows).
- Ebola Like Malaria, HIV etc Before It Demonstrates Need For An Africa Human Resources For Health Development Fund (Health Systems Cannot Function Without Health Workers, & Africa Cannot Borrow Health Workers To Prevent Epidemics).
- African Economies & Societies Loose More – In Terms Of Lives Lost, Under-developed Human Capital, Disruptions & Lost Productivity – Than It Would Cost To Prevent Epidemics.
Join us on Twitter @
With experts estimating that a one year improvement in life expectancy can result in an increase in GDP of up to 4%, low life expectancy in African countries underlines an important reason for persistent economic under development and poverty.
Health worker shortages are a key reason why most African countries will not meet health and related MDG’s, and unlikely to meet the Post 2015 and regional AU 2063 Development Goals unless this is addressed through a distinct health goal, including human resources for health – and supported with a human resources for health education development fund.
- Media: For further information please contact Email: media[at]afri-dev.net
- To find out more about publications please contact email: publications[at]afri-dev.info
- For partnerships, support or general information please contact email : contactus[at]afri-dev.info